Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Running Journal 2

It's been a week, not your ideal recovery time, but I couldn't very well run up and down the mountain while I was in Tennessee over the weekend, and I worked New Year's Eve, and I went for a bike ride Monday, which was out anniversary, and, and, and; so here I am, having a more difficult time the second time out. The trail is a mess with melted snow turned to mud, and my beginner's luck has deserted me. But I did make it to Maxtown Road with a tiny bit of walking, so it's not that bad. It's New Year's Day, and I'm starting it out on the right foot.

Time is slightly faster than last time for the same distance, just under 12-minute miles, not that time matters, and I'm right around 100 breathing cycles per half-mile, but who's counting. I think I'll reward myself with a screwdriver while watching Michigan State and Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

No comments: