Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's a pergola!



After a prolonged gestation period, a new addition to our family has seen the light of day. This baby was first conceived about four years ago, and finally has been delivered unto us, a joyful addition indeed.



It's a big one, about 20 feet long, 12 feet wide, and 9 feet high. Roughly speaking, since all measurements are just a bit off. It has been an interesting project, you might say, from a vague idea to a vivid daydream, through some initial sketches and multiple design changes, pacing off the length at least a hundred times, right down to what I'm tentatively calling "completion."



If I was a carpenter, and you were a lady, would you marry me anyway, would have my pergola?

1 comment:

David said...

I'm very impressed! And how exciting to see glimpses of the yard I've read about for so long.

You should be quite proud.