Thursday, November 17, 2005

Is it the full moon or what?

Everyone around me seems to be having stronger than normal reactions to the things that are happening around them - not that that's a bad thing - and the weather is changing abruptly from mild indian summer to harsh early winter, which is the nature of fall in central swingstate, after all. It seems like people are feeling especially vulnerable, money being tight, families feeling the pressure, and holidays coming on.

I had an unusually vivid dream last night. Maybe it's the full moon tugging on astral auras, pulling the hopes and fears and anxieties out of everydayness. Or it could be the extra salsa I put in the black bean soup. Freudians, have a field day.

I'm in a big gym, with pickup basketball games going on right and left. I find a special ball on the floor among all the regular balls, and it practically calls out to me with its intense (blue) color, so I pick it up. A tall female player, whom I recognize from somewhere as a really talented athlete, walks up and tells me that's the ball she likes to use, so we start to play. Dribbling up the court, I say, "half-court?" but she says, "full-court," and I say "okay" but stop dribbling, so I have nowhere to go, so I shoot from half-court, and the ball, amazingly, goes in. Before we can continue playing, however, the special ball rolls out the door, and when I go after it, the door closes behind me, locking me out. I wait, and momentarily some guys come out the door, and as I start to go in they question whether I should be allowed in the gym, and whatever it was I said or did, they decided to let me back in.

The scene shifts to a car repair shop where a mechanic is finishing some work on my truck. I drive to a second shop to have the oil changed, but the second mechanic sees something lying on top of the hood, left there by the first mechanic, so he says, "This is from (first repair shop), so it will take two hours." I say "okay" and take two books from the truck to read while I'm waiting. Outside the second shop is a sunny hillside where a group of kids from a prep school are involved in a scavenger hunt, intently checking their lists of items and scouring the hillside to find them. A few of their parents are talking, clustered off to the side by their parked minivans.

My personal coach says its my second chakra expressing its need for the illusion of control. I say it's the full moon.

4 comments:

lulu said...

I'm with the moon on this one--big 'ol special blue orb.

Sven Golly said...

Thanks, Dr. Lulunar, I hadn't even made the obvious connection between those two celestial orbs. I'm healed!

Now, about that oil change...

lulu said...

No problem, Golly. I find that a representation of the moon conveniently tattooed on my arm serves to gently remind me of those connections when they come up. Which is once in a blue moon, of course.

Sven Golly said...

Harry Shearer played a Sinatra recording of "Blue Moon" on the intro to le Show yesterday, which I heard driving down Plumb Road after my post-church hour beside Alum Creek Lake. Pretty cozmic, doc!