Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dementia editoria somata

I dreamed I could record the sensations in my legs as I ran, so I wouldn't have to stop moving to write. Words would appear along the side of the road, I would read them, click 'Save', and a line or two of written language would be left behind while I continued down a side street. It was pretty cool for a while, although I couldn't remember what I had written during that dream-run, which was the whole point, right? Still it was reassuring that I could go back and read it, whatever it was, if I had to. Then the dream turned back upon itself like a repeating loop, and each line of leg language I saved was itself another dream in which I read a line, clicked 'Save', and turned down another side street. Pretty soon the repeating lines came faster, became less intelligible, and the whole process became less believable. I couldn't read the words anymore so I stopped turning off the main road, but I didn't stop clicking 'Save'.

No comments: